Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stubbornness

Nathan can be quite stubborn when he wants to, as any child age 2 can be.
Case in point:
The other day we were sitting down to dinner (chicken nuggets, macaroni & cheese, fruit). Nathan refused to eat, which he is often known to do. He hadn't eaten well all day and I was not in the mood to have him say "No" to another meal without trying it. After a long battle and 2 time-outs, I finally got a single bite of chicken in his mouth.
Here is where the stubbornness comes in. He held that bite in his mouth for 90 minutes without chewing or swallowing. I am not exaggerating. In the mean time, Jeff came home and I had to leave but he still kept it up. I think Jeff finally gave in and let him spit it out, but he never got the M&M's he was promised if he ate his bite.

No comments: