Friday, November 26, 2010

Festival of Gingerbread

After waking up at 3am to power-shop at Kohl's on Black Friday, I went back to bed for a few hours. We woke up a second time and went to downtown Fort Wayne to The History Center to the Festival of Gingerbread. There are many age groups ranging from K-1st-2nd thru adult and professionals that make gingerbread houses for the display throughout the holiday season. This year was the 25th anniversary of the event. Interesting point: 25 years ago, for the first annual Festival of Gingerbread, my mom and I made a gingerbread house to enter into the festival. 25 years later, we took the kids to see the same display.


My favorite "Teen Category" house
a blue Victorian house


My favorite "Professional Category" house
Candyland


Norah and Papaw


The History Center houses many interesting displays of
historical Fort Wayne
The old jailhouse was in the basement of the building
and is now part of the exhibit
Nathan behind bars

No comments: