Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Frugal Shopping

Couponing has become very popular in the last months and years. Just look at shows on TV like TLC's "Extreme Couponing" (which I do not watch).
I have become much more efficient at the world of couponing. Don't get me wrong, I don't spend nearly the time and energy on it that I have seen on TV or read in blogs. Thanks to blogs that match sales with coupons to get products at their lowest "rock bottom" price, I have recently scored some good deals and I now have started a small stock pile of items my family uses on a regular basis such as TP, toothpaste, spaghetti, etc.
I do get one Sunday paper and print coupons online off sites such as Coupons.com. I am also able to print coupons for items directly from a link on one of the blog pages when a specific deal is discussed that I may be interested in.
Not only is this fun and a little addicting, but I can already tell it is saving a lot of money. We are also eating at home a lot more instead of always eating out because we have a lot of food on hand and can make meals at home much more easily (and cheaply). See a previous post about Make Ahead Meals
The below pictures represent a few of my best shopping trips recently where I scored the best deals. I could never have matched the sales and coupons on my own. I have to thank Moneysavingmom.com and Thekrazycouponlady.com and their contributors for putting the sale scenarios together for me.

Target Deals
Retail total $101.44
Paid $9.72



additional Target purchase
2 pair of jeans for Jeff
Retail $29.99 each
Paid $1.98 each



Walgreens Deals
Retail cost $60.29
Paid $16.04



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: